Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The big girl

Finally, little Jenna weighs enough for her new carseat! We took a quick trip to the doctor for a weight check on our way home yesterday afternoon, and she was officially 20 pounds 6 ounces. I think I'll change the seats today or tomorrow. For sure by Saturday night, since the three of us are running/strolling in the Midnight Sun Run. We'll have to park one car at the beginning of the course and one at the end. We'll put the baby girl seat in Frank's car so we can get home quickly, since we'll probably be exhausted. It's such a fun event, but we're usually getting ready for bed at 10 pm, not going to exercise!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I love my digital camera. I take pictures just about every day, mostly of Jenna. I've discovered it's a great way for me to remember the little things that I would probably forgot with time. Her incremental changes seem to happen virtually unnoticed... until one day I realize that something she used to do all the time is just gone. At least I've got the photos and videos to remember it by.

The one thing that really frustrates me about the camera is the shutter lag. When I push the button, I'd like the picture taken at that moment... not seconds later. On very rare occasions, however, the delay somehow works in my favor. Like this morning, Jenna was holding a couple of cookies at school. I thought I was getting a picture of that, yet I was surprised by the image of the mid-air cookie as it tumbled to the ground! No way I could have planned for that to happen!

No comments: