Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Progress

We picked up our first batch of siding this weekend, and Frank has started installing it! This is such an exciting step. Our house is looking more and more on the outside like a home than just a never-ending construction project. The color - Ivy Green - is darker than I was expecting, but I love it. Frank originally wanted a light beige, I was leaning more towards the darker blue-grey. We agreed on a light grey, but when Frank went to order it, he had a last-minute change of heart. He thought it would be too light with our white trim, so he suggested the Ivy Green. I supported that change immediately!

Since the picture was taken, he's finished the section around the round-top window. It's beautiful. I can't wait to see what it looks like when I come home tomorrow afternoon!

He's been working so incredibly hard on the house lately. He's either working on window trim, the siding, the soffits, chainsawing/chopping wood, anything to keep making progress. He starts working by about 8:30 every morning, and doesn't stop till about 10:00 at night.

From time to time, I think about the things I wish he did differently or how I wish he was more like someone else's husband or whatever. I just need to knock this off. If he was as critical of me as I often am of him, I would be devastated.
I am lucky to have such a hardworking man who loves me and absolutely adores our daughter. Sure, there may be room for improvement, but who couldn't make themselves better? I married him for the man he is, not the man I could mold him into. He is a very good and decent man. I am grateful for what I have.

No comments: